Re: [pde-dev] Project & editor creation

Your plug-in could do any of the things you suggested. You can extend Java projects and the Java editor to do something new. Or you could create an entirely new type of project and editor.

You can try out some of the different templates available when creating your plug-in project (File > New > Plug-in Development > Plug-in project).

Curtis

Inactive hide details for JayJayKing ---04/14/2009 03:39:45 AM---Hi,JayJayKing ---04/14/2009 03:39:45 AM---Hi,

JayJayKing <juuso.jalasmaki@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2009 03:39 AM

[pde-dev] Project & editor creation

Hi,

I'm working on a learning project on my studies. I should make an Eclipse
plug-in that can create a project that features java and html. It should be
able to create some specific custom files too and have an editor to edit
them and show the code like other good editors do.

So far I have created a wizards for empty project and that custom file. Now
I'm stuck on which way to go with the Java feature. Should I use
org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore to create JavaProject and customize it - if
it's even possible - or something else... I'm also supposed to be able to
change the compiler and the source directories.

And the other thing... What way should I go on the editor? Can I extend some
existing editor with my own features and what editor could that be?

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!