[pde-dev] Creating a Language Support project

Hello Eclipse PDE World!
I'm interested in building an Eclipse plugin to support a language (the language isn't really important). I understand the concepts of views and editors in Eclipse, but all of the documentation that I've looked at so far has been extremely vague on developing a type of project. For example, how would I create my own "{Language} Project" like the "Java Project" template? I understand a little about wizards, but it seems that creating a project is beyond the scope of just a simple wizard that creates it. Files can be and usually are associated with a project, validation is associated with a project, etc. How do I do this? What extensions do I have to make?

 - TK

--
And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep;
for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.

Back to the top