Re: [pde-dev] Support for other JVM languages

2008/8/11 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>

My current hold up is the fact that the Activator.java file is created in PluginClassCodeGenerator which I have no access to.  Therefore currently my Scala implementation ends up with the activator being created twice, once in scala and once in java.

Why does this come up twice... you have your own activator template? For example, we have templates for OSGi bundles like Hello OSGi Service that customize the activator and only end up with one activator.

Yeah, I want to make a new template for Scala OSGi bundles that automatically relies on the scala-library bundle and has its activator written in Scala.

Let me know when you want to setup a time to chat. I idle in IRC all the time in #eclipse-dev as 'zx'

I look forward to talking!  Right now I'm mostly doing some "research" into what is possible with PDE integration.  Currently Scala's JDT integration is just starting to stabilize, so there are a few things that will have to wait, however I'd really be interested in a chat.  I'm usually idling on Google Talk, I'll get my IRC going and ping you when I get some free time here.

Thanks for the quick response!
-Josh

Back to the top