[pde-dev] Drag'n'drop only works in Firefox not IE or Safari

Hi,

I'm having trouble implementing drag'n'drop support (on a TreeView) -
it works perfectly fine on Firefox, but it seems to be "disabled" (at
least that is what the mouse icon signalizes) when trying to drop
something from IE or Safari.

I have done the following (you can see by the lines that are commented
out that I have tried everything..):

		transferTypes = new Transfer[] {

//				FileTransfer.getInstance(),
				TextTransfer.getInstance(),
				URLTransfer.getInstance()
//				TextTransfer.getInstance(),
//				RTFTransfer.getInstance(),
//				HTMLTransfer.getInstance(),
//				LocalSelectionTransfer.getInstance(),
//				ResourceTransfer.getInstance(),
//				MarkerTransfer.getInstance(),
//				PluginTransfer.getInstance(),
//				IETransfer.getInstance()
//				ImageTransfer.getInstance()
//				TransferData.
		};

		viewer.addDropSupport(DND.DROP_DEFAULT | DND.DROP_COPY |
DND.DROP_LINK | DND.DROP_MOVE ,
		transferTypes, this);

I also tried to implement my own extension of ByteArrayTransfer -
returning true for every id.. but that didn't help either..

I tried http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet83.java?revision=1.7&view=markup
but that didn't work either!!

I'm not sure what to do next, has anyone done something similar before?

Thanks,
Erling

Btw. if there is other lists/forums I should post this message to,
please let me know.

Back to the top