[pde-dev] Help: Access restriction: The type HelperContext is not accessible due to restriction on required library...

Hi Folks,

Please redirect me if there is a more appropriate mailing list for this help request.

I am having issues with transitive dependencies in the PDE environment (Europa Winter). I have a structure like this.

- PDE Project project.a exports a number of packages
- PDE Project project.b depends on and exports project.a

If project.c is added that depends on project.b and uses classes in packages exported in project.a the following happens:

- If I create project.c in the workspace I created project.a and project.b in, everything is fine - If someone else checks-out project.a and project.b from our SVN repository and then tries to create an identical project.c we get access restrictions on anything we are getting transitively. All the error messages are similar to the following:

Access restriction: The method getTypeHelper() from the type HelperContext is not accessible due to restriction on required library .....................

The only workaround I can find is to avoid transitive dependencies and depend directly on all the PDE projects in my workspace that I need.

Can anyone suggest something I may be doing wrong, or something better I can do to workaround these issues?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Back to the top