[pde-dev] Reformatting PDE UI on Weds 1/16/2008

PDE has recently added code format templates to help format code more consistently through out its projects.  The org.eclipse.pde.ui plug-in is the last one we need to format.  We will be doing this on Wednesday January 16th, 2008 (this Wednesday) at 11:00am CST.

This reformat may cause problems with any existing patches.  To prevent this, please apply your patches to HEAD prior to the reformatting and update with the latest pde.ui code from HEAD.  Then for any classes which require a change, open in the java editor and click "ctrl+shift+f" to format and "ctrl+shift+o" to organize the imports.  After the reformatting occurs, when you do a synch with HEAD you should see only your changes (and none of the formatting changes).  You can then recreate the patch to be applied to HEAD.

If you have any questions, concerns, or problems with this reformatting, please let me know,

Brian Bauman
    IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
    Eclipse Committer
    baumanbr@xxxxxxxxxx