[pde-dev] executing vs. exporting of plugins

Hi all,

The issue I have concerns the difference of behavior between an exported plugin and executing it as an Eclipse application.

The plugin I am developing depends on various other plugins from which I use some classes in my code (the plugins are from the Remote System Explorer project). My plugin works fine when executing it. The problem is after exporting it, the plugin does not act the same although I get no errors whatsoever. What is the difference between execution and exporting when depending on other plugins? How can I make sure these dependencies are fulfilled when starting Eclipse?

short description of the behavior:

       -RSE provides a remote system explorer view from which one may browse through remote system and perform basic action on remote files. My plugins extends this view by adding a popup menu when selecting a remote file with a specific name.
       -The idea then is that my plugin should open some configurations files situated on the remote system in an editor. In the background, this file is downloaded and kept in a temporary local directory.
       -After the configuration is done and when clicking "save", the modified file should be saved locally and remotely.

This all works fine when executing the plugin. When using the exported version on the other hand, the last step changes, and the file is not saved remotely but only locally.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards,

Patrick Juhl

Partagez une tonne de photos en un instant avec qui vous voulez ! Windows Live Spaces

Back to the top