[pde-dev] How to include files and directory in RCP applications?

Platform: Intel Pentium M, Ubuntu 7.10,
	  eclipse 3.2.2,
	  maven 2.0.4

I'm successfully doing a headless build of an eclipse RCP application.

The headless build is a product build, and the .product file is used for
the build, uses plugin dependencies.

I would like to include some config files and folders to this build, and
later some platform specific DLLs/.so-files to this build.

I've read
	http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/PDEBuild#Including_files_in_the_root_of_my_build
and
	http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/reference/pde_feature_generating_build.htm
and
	http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecfeat/
and
	http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/RCP_FAQ#How_to_bundle_the_JRE.27s_for_Windows_and_for_Linux_in_my_RCP_application.3F
and probably a lot more

And I still don't know what build.properties to add stuff like this to:
  root=some_config/
  root.linux.gtk.x86=some_linux_so_files/
  root.win32.win32.x86=some_dlls/

I've tried adding it to individual projects' build.properties, I tried
adding a feature project, and adding these settings to the project's
build.properties file.

Is the build.properties for the PDE build the one to add to...?  I
haven't tried that yet... I think I'll try it and see.

Back to the top