[pde-dev] Graphical error when using plugin

Title: Graphical error when using plugin

Hello,

I am new to the development of plug-ins in Eclipse.

Through the development of a simple plug-in, I stumbled over a problem.

My plug-in depends on the following:

Org.eclipse.core.runtime
Org.eclipse.ui.console
Org.eclipse.ui

And extends the following point:

Org.eclipse.ui.actionsets

I use an actionset composed of three actions separated in two groups. Each of these actions open a dialog window I built. These windows extend the org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog class from which they inherit the necessary methods.

The plugin and the windows described above work perfectly fine. The problem arrises once I have used one of these actions; if changing the perspective, I get the following multiple errors:

Org.Eclipse.ui.internal.WindowTrimProxy cannot be cast to org.eclipse.swt.layout.GridData
*repeated

The error message gone the workbench would be left with some strange graphical glitches. I some cases I was able to continue working while entirely ignoring the error message.

The error was removed by extending ApplicationWindow instead of the Dialog class for each of the windows but the graphical glitches persist.

Is it just me or is this a known issue? I have been looking around for a solution but I could not find any similar cases.

I hope my question is not too far away from the point.

Best regards,

Patrick Juhl

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

Back to the top