[pde-dev] RAP: display Applet or JFrame derived class

Hello!
I need to integrate either an Applet or a JFrame derived class in a view of
an Ajax project. Is this possible? Can anybody show me an example?

The class is available both as an extended JFrame or as Java Applet with
almost identical functionality.

Additionally the class should interact with the RAP controls (receive input
from text fields, have member variables toggled in connection with check
boxes, ... and the RAP should be able to read output from the class). Does a
tutorial exist how the interaction between Ajax (or Javascript in general)
and Applets can be implemented?

If this is not the appropriate forum, would you mind telling me a better
place to ask?

Thank you
Eike