[pde-dev] Product vs. Launch Inconsistencies

There seems to be some inconsistencies between the product configuration and a launch configuration. I have a small OSGi application that I can launch fine from Eclipse, but when I go to create a product, export it, and launch it, it doesn't run the same. The reason is the actual configuration file (the one that defines which bundles should start, and their run level, etc...) is not in sync with what I launched from Eclipse. This may just be my lack of understanding, and if it is tell me and I will post the question on the newsgroup. However, I think the problem exists because the launch and product configuration are two separate things.

I know I can address this by grabbing (or pointing my config.ini file) to the one created in configuration directory when I launch my OSGi application, but this seems a little convoluted. Since it is still early in the development cycle, does anyone have other thoughts on how we could address this? Does anyone else see this as a problem or is there a better way to manage my development + export environment? It seems like we could provide a slightly better use experience here.

Cheers,
Ian

--
R. Ian Bull