[pde-dev] Plug-in Dependency Visualization Tool

As part of my time at the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies and my work on Google Summer of Code, I have developed a Plug-in Dependency Visualization tool as part of the PDE Incubator project. I was first recruited by Wassim and I have been working closely with Chris Aniszczyk (my SoC mentor). The project's website is at [1].

[1]http://www.eclipse.org/pde/incubator/dependency-visualization/

I have made an initial version available on an update site at eclipse.org [2] (Thanks Chris!). It works with Eclipse 3.3 or greater (I tested it on 3.4 M2 and it seems to work fine). I have also put together a New and Noteworthy to highlight some of the features [3].

[2]*http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/pde/incubator/visualization/site
*[3]http://www.eclipse.org/pde/incubator/dependency-visualization/new/index.php

It is pretty easy to use. Simply load the view (Visualizations->Graph Plug-in Dependencies), and right click on the canvas. Then select the bundle whose dependencies you wish you see.

If anyone has thoughts, suggestions, ideas, please feel free to open a bug report. There is already a good suggestion to show extension point use.
Cheers,
Ian

--
R. Ian Bull