Re: [pde-dev] Getting project location

Hi Prakash,

I don't have much experience with that class since it is not a PDE class, but you might try calling "baseSelectionListenerAction.run()" before you call .getStructuredSelection().  This class extends Action, and every Action is executed by calling it's run method.  Just a thought on how you might be able to fix the NPE.

Also, if .getFullPath() doesn't give you the result you are looking for, you might try .getRawLocation().  I remember having to experiment with a couple different calls to get the result I was looking for.

HTH

Brian Bauman
    IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
    Eclipse Committer
    baumanbr@xxxxxxxxxx
    (512) 838 -2938 (T/L 678-2938)

"Prakash Kolandaivelu" <visitprakashindia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/28/2007 03:58 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[pde-dev] Getting project location

Hi all,
i m creating plugin for my envivronment.for my plugin to access some
of my file in the general location in the hard  disk i have hard coded
the plugin. i want to make it generalised for all the user.now i have
hard coded the path in the code.

public RecordingUpload(IWorkbenchWindow window){

                try{
                       BaseSelectionListenerAction
baseSelectionListenerAction = new
ExportResourcesAction(window);
                       IStructuredSelection structuredSelection =
baseSelectionListenerAction.getStructuredSelection();
                       IResource currentResource
=(IResource)structuredSelection.getFirstElement();
                       System.out.println(" workspace.fullpath:"+
currentResource.getFullPath());

i m using this code to get the path in one of my menu.when i take that
menu i m getting java.lang.NullPointerException. please correct me if
i m wrong the way or the place i m using.Recording Upload in my menu
class constructor.
plz guide me where and how i have to use this code to get the project
location.

thanks in advance

pde-dev mailing list
pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx