Re: [pde-dev] Wizard click of Next button

Hi Chris,

 There is not "onPageSwitch" method at all in IWizardPage ?
Am i missing something?

 Or you are suggesting this to Eclipse API team?

If you are suggesting to Eclipse team, i would love to have following API's implemented in wizardpage:

 nextButtonClicked()
 prevButtonClicked()
 finishButtonClicked()
 wizardPageLoaded() - Actual display of page

Thanks,
Rama

Chris Dennett <Dessimat0r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rama Krishna wrote:
> This is great. You are right Chris. It works.
> Only issue with this is this method is called multiple times again.
>
> It's bad that Eclipse Wizard/ WizardPage itself doesn't provide
> methods like:
>
> nextButtonClicked()
> prevButtonClicked()
> finishButtonClicked()
> wizardPageLoaded() - Actual display of page
>
> If they provide these methods we can define some validations for each
> page/ wizard and some operations which can be done only when these
> events happen.
I agree, and it shouldn't break the API. May I suggest
onPageSwitch(IWizardPage previousPage) in IWizardPage which would be
called on switching to another page. Behind the scenes, WizardPage would
call this method automatically in the next page reference when the next
button is pressed, passing the previous page reference as the argument.

> Thanks,
> Rama

Chris