Re: [pde-dev] Wizard click of Next button

Rama Krishna wrote:
This is great. You are right Chris. It works.
Only issue with this is this method is called multiple times again.

It's bad that Eclipse Wizard/ WizardPage itself doesn't provide methods like:

nextButtonClicked()
prevButtonClicked()
finishButtonClicked()
wizardPageLoaded() - Actual display of page

If they provide these methods we can define some validations for each page/ wizard and some operations which can be done only when these events happen.
I agree, and it shouldn't break the API. May I suggest onPageSwitch(IWizardPage previousPage) in IWizardPage which would be called on switching to another page. Behind the scenes, WizardPage would call this method automatically in the next page reference when the next button is pressed, passing the previous page reference as the argument.

Thanks,
Rama

Chris

Back to the top