Re: [pde-dev] Design patterns in PDE UI Incubator ApiTools

Hmm. You are either confusing API tools with something else or trying to start a flame.

In case you actually wanted something constructive to come out of this, I'll bite and answer.

As far as I know API Tools is the PDE incubator project. It is an open source product under development. It has been in a semi-useful state since January 2007. You say that Rational developed a  "mission critical and safety critical" application that uses API tools as a "core technology"? The API tools have not even shipped yet :-). I think you are confusing it with something else.

As far as design documentation goes, if you want to write one I could help. So far the priority was on actually developing the product. The resources are not coming from some unlimited pool and we certainly could use more contributors. In this case it is even easier than usual as for documentation you only need access to Eclipse Wiki (which is easy to get).

Sincerely,
Oleg Besedin

"Asterion Daedalus" <piercingdragoneyes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/21/2007 07:14 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [pde-dev] Design patterns in PDE UI Incubator ApiTools

Now that is irony for you.  A Rational employee asking for, and not getting,
design information about a product that is the core technology behind a CASE
tool suite built by her own company.

Is it only me or does that not bode well for the certification(ability) of
the tools in mission critical and safety critical applications?