[pde-dev] How to compare 2 files or 2 directories programatically?

Note: forwarded message attached.
--- Begin Message --- Hi,

 I have to write some test cases where in which i have to compare 2 files.
 Since i use the feature "compare - each other" in eclipse very much and i like
 it, i just want to use the same for this test case.

 I am going through the source for plugin "org.eclipse.compare" but i couldn't able
 to find exact source to call this.

 What i want is an API (I don't want to use UI) where i can call something like this:

RESULT  compareFiles(File file1, File file2) {
}

RESULT  compareDirectories(File dir1, File dir2) {
}

Thanks,
Rama

--- End Message ---