Re: [pde-dev] How to compare 2 files or 2 directories programatically?

Hi Rama,

Unfortunately, PDE is not in the business of comparing files.  You might want to check with the Team/Compare team (they are in the Platform component).  Their mailing list is platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx.  Someone on this mailing list might be able to offer suggestions, but I think you might have better luck on the other mailing list.

Good luck,

Brian Bauman
    IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
    Eclipse Committer
    baumanbr@xxxxxxxxxx
    (512) 838 -2938 (T/L 678-2938)

Rama Krishna <ramak_2005@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/07/2007 06:50 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[pde-dev] How to compare 2 files or 2 directories programatically?

Hi,

I have to write some test cases where in which i have to compare 2 files.
Since i use the feature "compare - each other" in eclipse very much and i like
it, i just want to use the same for this test case.

I am going through the source for plugin "org.eclipse.compare" but i couldn't able
to find exact source to call this.

What i want is an API (I don't want to use UI) where i can call something like this:

RESULT  compareFiles(File file1, File file2) {
}

RESULT  compareDirectories(File dir1, File dir2) {
}

Thanks,
Rama