Re: [pde-dev] plugin development api for opening files

Check out org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.  This class has more than a couple functions to open an editor for a file.  Just so you don't have to look it up, the Manifest Editor's id is "org.eclipse.pde.ui.manifestEditor".

Brian Bauman
    IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
    Eclipse Committer
    baumanbr@xxxxxxxxxx
    (512) 838 -2938 (T/L 678-2938)

"divya d" <dddivaster@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/27/2007 07:13 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[pde-dev] plugin development api for opening files

hi.. i am working on plugin development in eclipse and i am stuck at a point.. i would like to know what api does eclipse use to open a file... my application basically needs to open the plugin.xml file upon a mouse click from a user interface... is it possible to do that and if so how? it would be a great help if someone could help me out on this...
regards,
divya