Re: [pde-dev] "zip.distribution" target from the generated Ant build-file

The zip.distribution task on a plugin do not have this goal.
In order to automate the build of an RCP application you should use the build infrastructure provided in PDE Build. For more details please see: http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tasks/pde_product_build.htm

PaScaL

Daniel Beck <Daniel.Beck@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/24/2007 12:51 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[pde-dev] "zip.distribution" target from the generated Ant        build-file

Hello PDE mailing list,

PDE can generate a ant build-file from an existing plugin.xml manifest
file to automate building of RCP applications. This build file should
contain, according to [1] a target named "zip.distribution", which
should generate a RCP application with one single command.

Perhaps I am making something wrong here, however the generated build
file does not contain this "zip.distribution" target. The "zip.plugin"
target exists, but it only builds and zips my plug-in, which is not so
helpful.

What I am looking for is a Ant target to generate a complete and
runnable RCP application from a manifest file.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks & regards,
Daniel

[1]