Re: [pde-dev] PluginModelManager and self hosting

In every workspace, the PDE world of plug-ins consists of:
1.  the plug-ins in that workspace, and
2.  the plug-ins in the target platform as specified on the Plug-in
Development > Target Platform preference page of that workspace.

Therefore, when you are a runtime workbench,  the plug-ins from your host
workspace are neither part of #1 nor part of #2 of your runtime workbench.
That is why you are not able to access them via PDE APIs.  Your target in
the runtime workbench is NOT the plug-ins you launched with,

If you want to inspect the running plug-ins in a runtime workbench, you
could use the Platform#getBundle(...) etc.  APIs from the runtime layer.

Wassim.

             Thomas Hallgren
             <thomas@xxxxxxx>
             pde-dev-bounces@e         pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/10/2007 05:15          [pde-dev] PluginModelManager and
             PM                        self hosting

             Please respond to
               "Eclipse PDE
                  general
             developers list."
             <pde-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,
I'm using Eclipse 3.2.1 and the following piece of code to obtain the
ModelEntry for a plugin in my target environment. Normally this works
fine but in a self hosting scenario, it doesn't seem to find the bundles
that origin from the workspace or the launching IDE.

        PluginModelManager manager =
PDECore.getDefault().getModelManager();
        ModelEntry entry = manager.findEntry(componentName);

My "Eclipse Application" launch configuration has the "Launch with all
workspace and enabled plug-ins" checked and I have no errors in my
workspace.

Why does this happen?

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren