Re: [pde-dev] Project Type

To put a project type in the New (Project) wizard, you'll to make your
plug-in extend org.eclipse.ui.newWizards with a 'wizard'.

i.e.
Go to plugin.xml.
On the Extensions tab, click Add...
Select the org.eclipse.ui.newWizards extension point.
Click OK.
On the extension point, right click.  Select New->wizard and fill in
Extension Element Details accordingly. Create the wizard for your
project type and make sure your extension element details reflect this
wizard class in the 'class' property field.

When I tried this out, I went to New->Project->Other to see my new project type.

As for your perspective question, it sounds like you're looking for a
button or a setting where everything you save is saved directly into a
plug-in?  (Can you give a scenario for this?  I may be misinterpreting
your question).

Yours,
Cherie.