[pde-dev] objectContribution to other plugin

Hi,

I am developing three plugins for Eclipse, one contains all the logic,
one with a basic GUI, and the plan is to develop specialized plugins
afterwards with functionality only specific users need. In the GUi
plugin I create a TreeView with Objects the model provides. This works
fine.

I have created a menu item which implements IObjectActionDelegate and
IMenuCreator. When the selection is changed the menu has to be
refreshed. I do a setmenuCreator(this) on the parent action and add a
MenuListener to the menu that creates a submenu on menuShown(). In the
GUI plugin that works great. The item is created the first time I
right-click on an object, and the submenu is changed every time I
change the selection.

Now, I copied the exact same class to the third plugin, and it stops
working. The right-click menu tem shows up, but is only instanciated
the first time I really click on the item. No submenu is being
generated, but the selectionChanged event is being fired after I press
the item. That should be fired just before the parent menu is shown. I
did some debugging, but didn't found anything. No errors are being
generated.

Anyone knows if there is a difference between objectContributions to a
view in its own plugin or objectContribution to an external plugin?

Regards,
Leen Toelen

Back to the top