[pde-dev] Obtaining a model of the runtime workspace from development workspace

Hi everybody.  I've been doing a lot of reading of PDE code, but
I'm getting lost swimming through the different levels of the models
in PDE.  I'm hoping you might be able to help.

I'm looking to harvest information about the runtime image, so as
to answer questions like: `is a particular class (an IType) specified
by any of the extensions or extension points?'  This is to be done
from the development workbench, about the runtime workbench.

This has been a surprisingly difficult question to answer.  I've
examined the different PDE views for hints, but they either report
on their current runtime image, or they only report the plugin
dependencies.

I've been fetching the plugins using from
PDECore.getDefault().getModelManager().getAllPlugins(), which
returns instances of IPluginModelBase, and then examine the respective
extensions (getExtensions()).  But these turn out to be `lightweight
models': they don't contain any of the information from plugin.xml.
And I haven't found how these can be populated.

Is there a way to achieve this with the PDE objects?  Or must I
use XPath and query on the plugin.xml by hand?

Thanks.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
"There is much pleasure to be gained in useless knowledge." - Bertrand Russell

----- End forwarded message -----

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
"There is much pleasure to be gained in useless knowledge." - Bertrand Russell

Back to the top