Re: [pde-dev] Incremental loading of GUI elements

In our case we have an editor with a lot of pages with many text fields and check boxes on each page. There was a significant performance boost if we didn't try to populate the field values until the particular GUI control was visible. Basically we added event detection so when a page becomes visible, its field values at that time. This minimizes the number of actual drawing events to only those fields which are visible and reduces load from invisible fields. We got about 10x performance boost in 3.0 with this technique. This almost seemed to suggest that buffering in 3.0 might have been somewhat limited.

I did notice there has been quite a lot of changes under the hood between 3.0 and 3.1...so this technique may be redundant in 3.1.

Phil