[pde-dev] -D option use for plugin.xml

Hi

I am using a plugin that use log4j. It is possible to set certain properties for log4j in a log4j.properties file. Today there are some harcoded values, which are platform dependent.
My idea is to use the -D option when starting the jvm. Like this;

java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=D:\your\path\to\logging.properties com.mycompany.myproject.MyClass (Windows)

java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/your/path/to/logging.properties com.mycompany.myproject.MyClass (UNix)

My question is if it is possible to provide this information in the
Window-Preferences menu. And then use this information when we execute the plugin? Is it possible or does the plugin have to solve this on it's own?

All hints are very much appreciated.

//Mikael

The plugin.xml looks like this now:

<?eclipse version="3.0"?>^M
<plugin>^M
^M
   <extension^M
         point="org.eclipse.help.toc">^M
      <toc^M
            file="toc.xml">^M
      </toc>^M
      <toc^M
            file="testToc.xml"^M
            primary="true">^M
      </toc>^M
   </extension>^M
   <extension^M
         point="org.eclipse.ui.preferencePages">^M
      <page^M
            name="JDocEditor"^M
            class="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageAppearence"^M
            id="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageAppearence">^M
      </page>^M
      <page^M
            name="Behavior"^M
            class="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageBehavior"^M
            id="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageBehavior"^M
            category="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageAppearence">^M
      </page>^M
      <page^M
            class="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageFiles"^M
            category="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageAppearence"^M
            name="JavaDoc Locations"^M
            id="net.certiv.jDocEditor.preferences.PreferencePageFiles"/>^M
   </extension>^M
   <extension^M
         point="org.eclipse.ui.views">^M
      <category^M
            name="JavaDoc Editors"^M
            id="net.certiv.jDocEditor">^M
      </category>^M
      <view^M
            name="JDocEditor"^M
            icon="icons/jdocedit.gif"^M
            category="net.certiv.jDocEditor"^M
            class="net.certiv.jDocEditor.views.JDocView"^M
            id="net.certiv.jDocEditor.views.JDocView">^M
      </view>^M
   </extension>^M
^M
</plugin>^M