Re: [pde-dev] Perspecitive reload problem

Hi Bob,
      Explore workbench.xml.... in  <workspace>
\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui. I think this might
help you in solvong your problem. To reload workspace, I think this is the
file used in start up.

      All the best... After solving this problem, please let me know, how
you solved this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
James

                      "Donovan, Bob"
                      <bob.donovan@eds.        To:       <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [pde-dev] Perspecitive reload problem
                      pde-dev-admin@ecl
                      ipse.org

                      01/14/2003 10:15
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      pde-dev

Hi,

I have a plug-in that creates a new perspecitive and corresponding  views.
Everytime I shutdown the runtime workspace and bring it back up, the
startup sequence fails with the following error window:

Eclipse Error Window
"Unable to read workbench state. Workbench UI layout will be reset."

After I click the button to close the error window, the default workspace
appears. I  can then goto the perspecitive button to load my  perspective,
this time without error.

The error only occurs at startup when it tries to reload the custom
perspective.

Does  anyone have anyidea what the problem is?

Thanks,
Bob

Back to the top