[pde-dev] Including an external JAR with plug-in

Title: Including an external JAR with plug-in

Hi,

I am building a plug-in that references classes in an external JAR. I have included the external JAR in the buildpath of the preferences dialog. But when I run the runtime workspace, the plug-in fails to load with the following error:

"Problems Showing View"
An error has occured while restoring the view.
com.example.example1.views.Example1View.

I have isolated it to the fact that it breaks when the view trys to reference a java class that is using classes in the external jar.

I am not sure what the problem is, but I am assuming that I need to somehow get my external jar files included with the runtime workspace, or added to the classpath for the runtime workspace. The problem is that I can't find anywhere to do this? I guess I am not doing the correct thing?

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks, Bob

Back to the top