Re: [paho-dev] ExecutorService for threading

Hi David,

Compatibility with Java EE is definitely something that we'd like to add into Paho and I'd be very interested in seeing your patch. With the Java client, as long as we don't break backwards compatibility for existing users and it still functions on existing platforms, it should be ok (Passing all of the unit tests is a good first check). Though if this change is something that would break compatibility that's still not the end of the world, we could always split it off into a specific JEE compatible component and build a separate JAR file for it during the build or just include the code and instructions for users to build it manually if they wish.

Kind regards,

James Sutton
Software Engineer - IoT Foundation - MQTT Open Source Projects
Technical Trojan - Wimbledon Project

Phone: 01962 815438 | Extension: x372454
E-mail:
Personal Website: www.jsutton.co.uk
Find me on:
IBM

Hursley Park
HursleySO212JN
United Kingdom

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU