Re: [paho-dev] Release Planning for Paho - thoughts?

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, we've not had any releases yet.  But in my opinion, the Java, C and _javascript_ clients are ready for production use, and I would talk to Roger about the Python client.  We are getting regular bug reports for the Java and C clients.

Agreed.

We have dallied on a lot of this stuff, partly as newcomers and partly due to the range of interests and languages we are balancing, but I think the whole team of committers (at least those who regularly join the checkpoint calls) agree that we want to make a formal release signalling readiness for production use, at least in the cases of some clients.

We are also interested in being part of the release train for Luna in particular to promote our participation in the broader Eclipse M2M ecosystem. It looks like we should jump in to some of the cross-project mailing list discussions as Wayne suggests!

--
Andy Piper | Kingston upon Thames, London (UK)
blog: http://andypiper.co.uk   |   skype: andypiperuk

Back to the top