[p2-dev] Ready for review, Re: Bug 423715 - Add SHA256 to p2 metadata publishing (and prefer for consumption if available)

Mykola Nikishov <mn@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> [4] https://git.eclipse.org/r/69560
>>
>> I'm still polishing [4] by removing any backward-incompatible
>> changes. It seems will export one more internal package with x-friends,
>> (for 2 bundles and test bundle), not sure if I can avoid that.
>
> Still working on [4], I reworked it a bit and took a more conservative
> approach by only adding support for multiple checksums without touching
> existing infrastructure that handles MD5.

All intermediate changes had been merged by Alex Kurtakov and [4] is
ready for review now. There are still some TODOs, so I expect at least
one more version to be uploaded.

Most important undocumented part yet is how to use new artifact
checksum comparator with mirror (and other) standalone applications.

Couple days ago I was unable to check this feature with latest Tycho [1]
as it failed to build locally against latest Equinox p2. I have no build
log now, but it was something about a missing method related to
requirement capabilities. Not sure if its an actual issue though, will
investigate later.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/68960

--
Mykola