Re: [p2-dev] creating artifact repo from arbitrary files

On Thu, 2013-11-28 at 15:41 +0000, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
> Depending on the content of partial profiles, it may get complicated to get them integrated in the real profile
> I would rely on shipping artifacts.jar that can be used by the profile generating mechanism and I would do the same for metadata repo with a content.jar.
Yeah, that was inevitable, but doesn't cause much trouble for me.

> If you want we can try to have a voice chat about the approach you are taking,

That would be good. We can arrange details on #eclipse-dev.

The approach sounded simple:
* load plugins listed in some files as if they were written in the
master, read-only bundles.info file
(https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/18429/7/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/src/org/eclipse/equinox/internal/simpleconfigurator/utils/SimpleConfiguratorUtils.java, 30-119). Format of those files is the same as of bundles.info: (https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/18429/7/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests/testData/simpleConfiguratorExtendedTest/extension2/extension2.info)
* make getProfile method return a profile that has bundles from the
previous point installed. That turns out to be impossible (due to the
every attempt of profile manipulation resulting in a new bundles.info
written).

I really wonder whether partial profile (a file containing just units
merged at profile registry read, like http://fpaste.org/58359/59887541/)
wouldn't be the best option.

Chris.