[p2-dev] creating artifact repo from arbitrary files

Hi,

I've found a problem when trying to install things loaded from a custom
*.info file into a base profile - P2 requires metadata (which I generate
from a running platform) and artifact repository, connected with an
artifact key. The point is that I don't have any artifact repository
connected with the *.info files, hence my question: what is more
appropriate to do - create repositories on the fly (is that even
possible) or ship entire repos?
I like the speed of shipping partial profiles, as there is no startup
overhead unless dropins are engaged on startup, but shipping repos has
its pros and cons - writing second dropins-like mechanism (tracking repo
changes etc etc) seems to be a bit overkill.

--
Krzysztof Daniel <kdaniel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat