Re: [p2-dev] Issue getting the p2 productPublisher / Director to correctly install a RCP app

Thanks Paul.

On 1 August 2011 01:14, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the ProductPublisher creates the product IU that can then be used to create the product.  Does your foo_repo contains all of the executable bundles and a binaries/ directory?

The tycho generate repo. is missing a binaries directory.  Though tycho does generate a .tar.gz of the fully installed product that I can just untar and run.

Not understanding how this all works, I was hoping to take my product's artifact+metadata repo., add a delta-pack and .product file, and get p2 to create a complete repo. for the product install.  Perhaps this isn't possible?

You could try adding a complete repo to your director call, see if that helps ... http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7

Yes, using the director against the main eclipse repo works, which is why I thought I was doing something wrong.

I'm guessing what I'm attempting to do isn't possible using the p2 headless app, and instead there's an issue in my tycho build.

Cheers,
James