Re: [p2-dev] How to add a new feature to an existing repository?

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Samuel Wu <samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Brian,
I'm running a headless build and don't want to manually update the content.xml/jar each time I run the build. Is there a way to set the category name when calling the ant task p2.mirror? Thanks.

If you create a category.xml, you can use the p2 query language to categorize your features/bundles/IUs (instead of explicitly naming them) as well as naming specific feature versions in the more traditional manner.  You can then use the category publisher to push that into your build repo.

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_category_generation.htm
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_publisher.html

Also see http://relengofthenerds.blogspot.com/2009/05/categories-with-composite-repos.html

--