Re: [p2-dev] How to add a new feature to an existing repository?

Hello Brian,

I do not find the publishers’ behavior as that odd. After all, each publisher is specialized to perform specific actions and has to be instructed what to do in some way. Hence, publishers need some input which most often happens to be in the form of xml files (*.product, category.xml, etc.).

Features and bundles publisher, specifically, do not use any descriptor files – it starts with exported features and bundles and can generate artifact and metadata repositories for them from scratch, as one would expect.

Just voicing my opinion, although this discussion is a little bit off the topic of the mail thread.

Best regards,

Shenol Yousouf

SAP Labs Bulgaria