Re: [p2-dev] http instabilities

Hi Helmut,

Haigermoser, Helmut wrote:
Ciao Scott :)
I was hoping you were gonna say that, so the new default is not the
UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.
Hm, we did not explicitely specify any file transfer, so this might be
about including a new plug-in in our product,
or a property we need to set in config.ini/pluginCustomization.ini?

Yes...if you want your product to include httpclient provider it needs to be included in your feature/product...as it is in Eclipse. Here are the references to either an existing map file that you can use in your build [1] if you choose to use a pre-built version of these plugins, or a feature that has all of the relevant plugins [2]...if you would rather build these plugins yourself.

Well, we are trying to download artifacts, the one that failed was only
2k so the size seems not to be terribly important (we have
giga-artifacts as well). Simple http downloads work whenever I try
them...

Hmm. Interesting...this may indicate a new/previously unidentified problem with the URLConnection-based provider (or the JRE underneath it). Would you please open a bug to that effect against the ecf.filetransfer component and include reproduce information (e.g. public server if possible)? Just to be clear, I expect that if the httpclient provider is included as described above that this issue should go away for you, but I would like to get a bug opened for this issue in any case (so that the JRE provider issue can be followed up on/addressed).

Thanks...Again I suspect that the httpclient provider will not show these issues, but please keep notified one way or another.

Scott

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/external/rt/ecf/integration/v20090616-0832/ecf.filetransfer.map -- this is a map file fragment for Eclipse 3.5.0 release [2] CVS: dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/rt org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.platform-feature

Let me know what you need to better be able to help me, we have seen
issues with a publicly available amazon location as well so that you
could try yourselves...

TIA,
Ciao, hh