From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Scott Lewis
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 6:01 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] http instabilities

Hi Helmut,

Haigermoser, Helmut wrote:
> Ciao Scott :)
> I was hoping you were gonna say that, so the new default is not the
> UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.
> Hm, we did not explicitely specify any file transfer, so this might be

> about including a new plug-in in our product, or a property we need to

> set in config.ini/pluginCustomization.ini?

Yes...if you want your product to include httpclient provider it needs
to be included in your feature/product...as it is in Eclipse.  Here are
the references to either an existing map file that you can use in your
build [1] if you choose to use a pre-built version of these plugins, or
a feature that has all of the relevant plugins [2]...if you would rather
build these plugins yourself.

> Well, we are trying to download artifacts, the one that failed was
> only 2k so the size seems not to be terribly important (we have
> giga-artifacts as well). Simple http downloads work whenever I try
> them...

Hmm.  Interesting...this may indicate a new/previously unidentified
problem with the URLConnection-based provider (or the JRE underneath
it).  Would you please open a bug to that effect against the
ecf.filetransfer component and include reproduce information (e.g.
public server if possible)?  Just to be clear, I expect that if the
httpclient provider is included as described above that this issue
should go away for you, but I would like to get a bug opened for this
issue in any case (so that the JRE provider issue can be followed up
on/addressed).

Thanks...Again I suspect that the httpclient provider will not show
these issues, but please keep notified one way or another.

Scott

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/external/rt/ecf/integration/v20090616-0832/ecf.fi
letransfer.map
-- this is a map file fragment for Eclipse 3.5.0 release [2] CVS:
dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/rt
org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.platform-feature

> Let me know what you need to better be able to help me, we have seen
> issues with a publicly available amazon location as well so that you
> could try yourselves...
>
> TIA,
> Ciao, hh

Transfer.getDecompressedStream(UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.java: