[p2-dev] Starting bundles programatically without restarting the system

Hi,

We have successfully integrated p2 to our wso2 products. We are now trying to see whether it is possible to hot install the features. i.e. once through p2 the feature is installed without restarting the equinox framework is it possible to programatically start the new bundles. Can this be done in current implementation? a workaround perhaps?

I've debugged through the existing ui code in Galileo and found the following code
           Configurator configurator = (Configurator) ServiceHelper.getService(Activator.getContext(), Configurator.class.getName());
           configurator.applyConfiguration();
I've included and tried the above code but seems to stop and start all bundles in the system rather than only the new ones. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Saminda

Back to the top