Re: [p2-dev] Galileo mirroring problem. [SOLUTION]

Andrew Niefer wrote:

Also, when we first started investigating pack200 a few years ago, it seemed that the Pack200.packer implementation had a memory leak.  We always ran out of memory after processing some number of bundles (10? 20? I forget).
The implementation used some statics that were never cleared.  This is why we went with execing pack200.exe in a separate process.  Have you not encountered these memory issues?

No, I haven't seen this. And I've been repacking + packing 100's of jars in the same process and done it over and over again without restart. If there was an issue, then my guess is that it's been fixed since. Do you know if it was entered into Suns issue tracker?

- thomas

Back to the top