RE: [p2-dev] Publisher vs. generator/director

Surfacing the publisher through the generator has been discussed for things like features and update site builds and should be fairly straightforward.
However when it comes to product, I don't think this will be possible because the publisher takes a really different approach to create metadata and now promotes a product file based approach that we are still polishing up but that was demonstrated by Andrew during the tutorial (see the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.cloud.releng project).
HTH
PaScaL

Inactive hide details for "Haigermoser, Helmut" ---04/01/2009 04:00:27 AM---P2 could help and make the generator/director a sim"Haigermoser, Helmut" ---04/01/2009 04:00:27 AM---P2 could help and make the generator/director a simple bridge calling the publisher behind the scene

"Haigermoser, Helmut" <Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/01/2009 04:00 AM

RE: [p2-dev] Publisher vs. generator/director

P2 could help and make the generator/director a simple bridge calling
the publisher behind the scenes,
that way everybody, willingly or not, would call the director ;) If this
bridge were verbose enough we could then see the right director calls
and replace our calls to avoid the (useless) bridging...

For RCPs I'm hoping we get a single IU that references all other IUs  so
that we can continue to install as easily as before... (re Ians
statement regarding this..)
HTH,
Ciao, hh