Re: [p2-dev] Publisher vs. generator/director

It is also a question of if we are going to change anything in the metadata between now and the end of the 3.5 release cycle that would make old stuff not usable.

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---03/31/2009 02:52:58 PM---Ideally you would use the publisher ant tasks directly in your bIan Bull ---03/31/2009 02:52:58 PM---Ideally you would use the publisher ant tasks directly in your build. If you are building features and bundles then you should

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/31/2009 02:52 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Publisher vs. generator/director

Ideally you would use the publisher ant tasks directly in your build.  If you are building features and bundles then you should use that particular ant task. In the end you will have the bits on disk + the repositories.

As for backwards compatible, this is not a publisher vs. generator question, this is a question of whether our metadata is compatible from 3.4 to 3.5.  Pascal, do you know?

cheers,
ian

Re: [p2-dev] Publisher vs. generator/director

http://eclipsesource.com | http://twitter.com/eclipsesource_______________________________________________