RE: [p2-dev] please add org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent to project set files

For convenience I have moved the ECF bundles into a separate psf.

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---02/11/2009 11:28:14 PM---Hi Folks...a little explanation about this request: ECF filetScott Lewis ---02/11/2009 11:28:14 PM---Hi Folks...a little explanation about this request: ECF filetransfer depends upon ECF core. Without

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/11/2009 11:28 PM

RE: [p2-dev] please add org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent to project set files

Hi Folks...a little explanation about this request:

ECF filetransfer depends upon ECF core. Without the futures support in
the jobs API, we need to put the JobsExecutor in ECF core so we can use
it in several other ECF bundles. Therefore ECF core has a new (and
currently marked as optional) dep on the equinox.concurrent...so equinox
concurrent is needed to compile ecf core from source.

Filetransfer (and therefore p2) doesn't have any dependencies on either
equinox.concurrent or the new JobsExecutor in ECF core...so given the
optional dependency it won't be necessary to add equinox.concurrent to
the set of bundles ECF contributes to the SDK. But equinox.concurrent
will be needed to compile ECF core...thus the need to add to p2 project
set (this request).

Another option would be to eliminate the ECF projects from the p2
project files completely...which would also be fine with me BTW.  This
would work as long as one was using a fairly recent version of
Eclipse/p2/ECF as the target platform.

Scott