Re: [p2-dev] touchpoints and touchpoint actions...api needed?

Hi Scott,

You are right the item titled "Revise Touchpoint action contribution model" is exactly trying to address the issues you mentioned.
This work should start during M3 and is currently driven by Simon and we gladly accept your contribution offer (and of others too). We will try to get started on that next week and will communicate on the ML when we are starting. This item (and all its consequences) will likely be the most important one of Galileo in terms of new feature for p2.

Thx for your interest,

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---19/09/2008 01:04:54 PM---Hi P2ers, Currently p2 has two 'built in' touchpoints...EclipScott Lewis ---19/09/2008 01:04:54 PM---Hi P2ers, Currently p2 has two 'built in' touchpoints...EclipseTouchpoint and

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxx>

19/09/2008 01:04 PM

[p2-dev] touchpoints and touchpoint actions...api needed?

Hi P2ers,

Currently p2 has two 'built in' touchpoints...EclipseTouchpoint and
NativeTouchpoint.  I've noticed that the impl of these touchpoints is
not considered API...meaning that other touchpoint implementers (e.g. me
:), essentially need to either use internal API or reimplement shared
functions.  I'm looking at this because I'm working on a 'webapp'
touchpoint/touchpoints.

Are there p2 plans to expose/refactor any of these actions/touchpoint
code to make them API...so that other touchpoint authors can/could reuse
pieces of them?  I see in the current p2 plan this item for M3

Revise Touchpoint action contribution model

Does this include what I'm looking for or is it something else?  Do
other consumers agree that some sort of 'touchpoint api/library' is
needed/desirable?

If this item above does include some of this work then I would like to
offer up contributions for this item (in cooperation with whomever is
also working on it).  If it doesn't, I would volunteer myself for taking
on a new item.

Thanks,

Scott