[ormf-dev] CM: What's on the list?

Hi Yahya,

I think we should try to define what's needed in this domain. In my opinion (and everyone else's will vary) we need to

* Use a standard way to build the separate bundles
This must be runnable on the Eclipse foundation build servers and also on local locations. For the foundation's servers we should asked one of the webmasters for advice. For local builds I think an ant script to emulate the Eclipse environment seems best. This way we can integrate nightly builds into nightly test using CruiseControl (or another continuous build tool).

* Define a deployment scheme (feature, p2, Equinox magic?, ear/war, whatever) In the end we want others to use ORMF. So there should be some support and guidelines on how to deploy the server and how to install the client.

* Configure nightly builds
Again this is something we should get advice from the foundation. At my company we do a build every time something is committed to the repository. This catches stupid mistakes like forgetting to commit some part of a change set.

* Define a process for milestone/integration/final builds
This is the job called "release engineer". The goal is to make sure everything is in place for a release, all targets are met or canceled and integration with other builds (the release train) is finished. One main tasks is to remind everyone of the dates (and the importance) of this milestones.

Undoubtedly I didn't mention something extremely important! So please everyone: add your opinion.

Achim

P.S.: And again I took the liberty to use a prefix on the subject.
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Achim L=C3=B6rke
n;quoted-printable:L=C3=B6rke;Achim
org:Bredex GmbH
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mauernstra=C3=9Fe 33;Braunschweig;;38100;Germany
email;internet:Achim.Loerke@xxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+49 (531) 24330-0
tel;fax:+49 (531) 24330-99
x-mozilla-html:TRUE