[ormf-dev] Rejection of Jaxen and workarounds

Hello Brian, Balan, Eishay, Mary, Michal and David,

I am a project leads for a new EF project ORMF and  I am in process of filing the CQ's for all our 3rd party library dependencies. The one serious glitch I have hit is that we are heavily dependent on Jaxen in our initial code contribution. All of you are obviously aware that Jaxen has been rejected on numerous CQ requests as you filed them.

I am hoping that you will be able share with me your experiences on how you worked around not being able to use Jaxen. In particular we are using Dom4J (extensively) which has a runtime dependency on Jaxen for its XPath support. Are any of you using Dom4J and if so how are you handling xpath support?

All the best,
Joel

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.

http://www.etish.org                                                                     http://www.eclipse.org/ormf

Back to the top