Re: [orion-dev] UTF-8

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Balan, Yossi <yossi.balan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I tried to create file and folder from Orion client  in UTF-8 format.

It succeed to create the file or folder ( in most of the cases )  but when I tried to edit it I got error “File not found …. /xxx/. ( without the name of the file )

Does Orion support create , edit , delete file or folder in UTF-8 format ?

does your server run in an environment where UTF-8 is enabled on operating system level ?
We faced such problems when the application which was started from a Linux init script didn't see
locale settings which were defined in ~/.bashprofile which is only seen in processes started from
a bash shell. The Java code of the application created files with unicode path names but
the file system tried to convert them to String using a legacy locale which our system used
as in its default locale which led to the fact that the Java app couldn't find the file it wrote earlier
since the filesystem used the wrong locale to convert the bytes defining the file's path on disk
to a String understood by the Java application.

We fixed that by explicitly setting LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" in the environment of the
process running the app server. There are also other ways to set the default locale for all processes
though this depends on the exact operating system/distribution you are using.

-Matthias

Back to the top