[orion-dev] Git repo hosted on Orion web server

Hi all,

I would like to work from a Git repo on the web server. So on the machine hosting Orion, there would be some path, like /relative/path/to/repo, to a Git repo. Users A and B would clone this repo through Orion and they could work on it independently.

However I'm unable to clone from a file path.

Looking at the org.eclipse.orion.git bundle's parseSshGitUrl (in web/orion/git/util.js) which is used to get the URL a user is cloning a repo from, it doesn't seem to accept file:///relative/path/to/repo URLs.

Is this supported (and am I misusing the URL) or would this be something that is pluggable or could be contributed back?

Thanks!
Diana

Back to the top