Re: [orion-dev] Git repo hosted on Orion web server

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 2:53 AM, Diana Chen <123dchen321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to work from a Git repo on the web server. So on the machine hosting Orion, there would be some path, like /relative/path/to/repo, to a Git repo. Users A and B would clone this repo through Orion and they could work on it independently.

However I'm unable to clone from a file path.

Looking at the org.eclipse.orion.git bundle's parseSshGitUrl (in web/orion/git/util.js) which is used to get the URL a user is cloning a repo from, it doesn't seem to accept file:///relative/path/to/repo URLs.

Is this supported (and am I misusing the URL) or would this be something that is pluggable or could be contributed back?

the file protocol is black listed in Orion server to ensure that users can't break the isolation between
different workspaces, see
and

-Matthias

Back to the top