Re: [orion-dev] Using Orion with Espruino WebIDE

Hi Tracy,

A fine question and you're not alone in what you're looking for.

Apart from the editor and compare editor, Orion's functionality is for the most part consumable (and extensible) at the page level vs. as an embed-able widget. Naturally that hasn't prevented some teams from forking the Orion pages to do what they want however we want to make things easier to use just the individual bits needed.

As a first step what's involved is to make the navigator, search, and Git functionality into independently consumable UI components like the editor is.  Some of the preliminary work was started last release and is now fully underway in the current release (releasing in June). The challenge with these components is that they have richer API requirements for sub-systems that provide (for example) file and git data access. So, at the same time as we componentize our UI we're also making similar changes to our REST APIs and server structure  to help break things up into sensible pieces.

The challenge with this sort of re-factoring is that it is largely invisible to those not directly working or integrating against the code base. I'll take a look over the weekend and put together a set of links to ongoing work in Bugzilla to help you or others get involved or at least get a better feeling for where our efforts are focused.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Tracy Miranda ---05/02/2014 09:43:27 AM---Hi, I am looking to integrate Orion into the Espruino webidTracy Miranda ---05/02/2014 09:43:27 AM---Hi, I am looking to integrate Orion into the Espruino webide (in part for

Tracy Miranda <tracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

05/02/2014 09:43 AM

[orion-dev] Using Orion with Espruino WebIDE

    Sent by:

orion-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I am looking to integrate Orion into the Espruino webide (in part for
my eclipsecon europe talk and in part as they are both just cool)

So far I used the blog article to integrate the Orion editor into the
espruino chrome app to replace the code mirror editor. To get a first
working version was very straightforward and am now just working on
syntax highlighting, etc.

This is great but only incrementally better than having code mirror.
For a real step up I wanted to know what would be involved with
getting git/github and navigator features embedded alongside the orion
editor ?

Any thoughts or ideas very welcome.

Tracy